Mondeo stereo loss of sound

pudzey

Mondeo stereo loss of sound

Post by pudzey »

Head unit it OEM Ford 6000cd , recently changed the battery and typed in the radio code and sound is very very low/faint even when turned up to MAX volume , does anyone have any advice or could point me in the direction to what is wrong ?

thanks
redrooster

Re: Mondeo stereo loss of sound

Post by redrooster »

pudzey wrote:Head unit it OEM Ford 6000cd , recently changed the battery and typed in the radio code and sound is very very low/faint even when turned up to MAX volume , does anyone have any advice or could point me in the direction to what is wrong ?

thanks
Have you removed, disturbed or had any work done on your radio because most simple faults are usually down to the connectors at the rear of the radio becoming dislodged or loose.

This includes ther aerial/antenna connection.

Do you have a left and right balance control?

If so turn it full left at maximum volume ?

Is it still faint.

Repeat by turning it full right.

Is it still faint?

If so then it looks as though the speakers are OK because both channels are faint.

This means that the remaining common point is the radio.

Why did you change the battery..... because if it was being overcharged by a faulty alternator then a higher voltage may have "blown" the radio electrics affecting both channels.

However, I reckon your problem will be simple .... a loose connector or aerial connector faulty.
(or something similar)
pudzey

Re: Mondeo stereo loss of sound

Post by pudzey »

disconnected battery and it worked after re entering the code , good and loud , but turned off radio and its back to square one now , havent a notion of what the problem is lol